My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Irresistable 8

>> Monday, July 21, 2008

8 , this number has been plaguing my thoughts ever since the editor of the Bower Times has me to do my doctoral research on the importance of the same.... Here are a few first hand observations on the same ....


8 Things I am Passionate about




  • Family


  • Music : From GnR to Indian Ocean, from Kishore to Pink floyd.. there is a rhythm for each moment...


  • Books


  • Friends


  • Being punctual


  • To keep my humor intact ..no matter how hard it is at times


  • Sports


  • Good food :)


8 things I want to do before I die





  • Drive my own SUV ... a Lexus Land Cruiser atleast ( whats the harm in dreaming !!)


  • Get a tattoo


  • Backpack to remote destinations and host a travel show


  • Learn to play the guitar and violin


  • Watch an Formula 1 race live


  • Overcome my fear of water and learn swimming


  • Be at peace with myself


  • Rein in my temper :)

8 things I say often





  • Oh my god


  • Yeah right


  • Kuch bhi..


  • Ishwara ( god in malayalam)


  • Ciao


  • What the hell... which in cases of extreme emotion metamorphosises to you know what ;)


  • Whatever... (like a sign of indifference)


  • Bitch ( out of extreme love or exasperation to my fellow species!!)



8 books I last read





  • The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri


  • The Kite Runner -Khaled Hosseini


  • The Goal - Eliyahu M. Goldratt


  • A Thousand Splendid suns - Khaled Hosseini


  • The Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri


  • The Japanese wife - Kunal Basu


  • Difficult Daughters - Manju Kapur


  • A Beautiful Mind - Sylvia Nasar


8 songs which are my eternal favorites



I cheated on the last part of this tag and I am still miserable that so many of my fave songs have been left out ... :(

I tag: Anyone who hasnt done this tag yet!!

21 comments:

Lucifer July 22, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

ohhhh me wants a tatoo (a fallen angel on my back) too n drive a SUV (Hummer...hehe)n love "tujhse naraaz nahi zindagi" (thou only d male version) :D

Karthik July 22, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

Watch a Formula 1 race live

Well.Your dream can come true soon..Delhi Grand Prix!!

Sachin Sawant July 22, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

The Kite Runner -Khaled HosseiniA Beautiful Mind - Sylvia Nasar ....... Same pinch...... :)

Keshi July 22, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

Deepti ur passionate abt ur Family n Friends. That means ur an aisle light for em :)

Keshi.

Anonymous July 22, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Passion generates focus to achieve.

Solitaire July 22, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Deepti..you are passionate about being punctual and I can never be on time. I have to be at least 2 minutes late if not more. :)

You in love with A R Rahman? ;)
Any concerts you have been to?
I went to his concert in Detroit and it was out of this world!

mathew July 22, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

Surya Kireedam - Devasuram is a favourite of mine too..but my bro is a diehard fan of that song and used to keep playing that several times in a single day..it was a overdose kill for me..;-D

Being punctual is very important for me...even for a leisure trip I hate when people make it late..thats one thing that irritates me a lot..

'Lexus Land Cruiser ' whaaah..In case you manage..a ride please..;-P

Neena Padayatty July 22, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

"Drive my own SUV ... a Lexus Land Cruiser atleast
Backpack to remote destinations and host a travel show"...quite adventurous,aren't u?
The Carpenters,John Denver,and Roja in my favorite list too.
Good going with the "research";-D..Thanks for taking it up.

Anonymous July 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Jhumpa's new book is out now. Calling God bilingually should absolve you of most sins. The Goal has an interesting sequel that should be useful if you wanna become a ringmaster one day! Really, no four lettered words, not counting ciao :)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

@Mayz: hifi for the tatoo and SUV. I like the male version of the song too .. Some unknown singer Anup ghoshal but its awesome :)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

@Karthik: Hopefully it materializes in Delhi. Else anyother place would do too :)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

@Sachin: wow , so we share the same taste in books. Do read Khaled Hosseni's second book, it is really worth it :)

@Keshi: Thanks a lot!! I do stand by them as far as I can :)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

@Hobo: Yes it does!! Thanks :)

@Sol: But there is no one arounfd to see me when I come on time .. I am always kept waiting :)
So you saw Rehman Live in concert? Wowwwwww ... You saw Rehamn live and I saw Aamir Kahn for the IPL finals .. Talk about crossed stars!! :)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

@Mathew: Land cruiser ride .. anytime :)
About being puncctual .. no one around to see you when you are on time .. Have to keep waiting and yeah it is very irritating :)


@Neena: I am being over adventorous ... hope I can acheive atleast few of them madam editor ;)

Deepti July 23, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

@Shantanu: I just chanced upon her books and liked her style. Looking forward to read "Unaccustomed Earth" too. About being ring master , I have no clue but I like Goldratt's style.

Four lettered word i just put it like this "What the hell... which in cases of extreme emotion metamorphosises to you know what ;)"

Nikhil Narayanan July 25, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

"To keep my humor intact ..no matter how hard it is at times "--Guess, I had a dose of this from you ;)

Interpreter of Maladies -some stories cheriya kathi alle?

Deepti July 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

@Nikhil: I tried to be humorous but fell flat .. didnt I ? ;)

Yeah agree about interpreter of Maladies ... some stories verrum kathi :)

Nishanth August 5, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

innovative....

Deepti August 7, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

@Nishanth: hehehehe.. innovative? you think I am making all this up bro?

khare August 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Nice books, could also probably try "A Girl and A River" by Usha K R . It's good. Shortlisted for an
award

too :)

Nishanth August 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

nahi sis...i agree with all you wrote,except one...get a tattoo....my sis, you would not be able to sit through it...