My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Flooded!!

>> Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Last week the city I live in was inundated by rain for precisely 2 hours for one day. The chaos that followed after that was a testimony of the exemplary planning of our city planners. Stuck in traffic for 3 hours, my heart went out to the people in Bihar who had been going through this for days on end.

The flood and the fact that we were one of the few organizations working when whole of Maharashtra was celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi had put me in a real cranky mood the next day too. However I was unaware that another flood awaited me. But this was a flood that brought back the smile on my face.
I t was a flood of happiness. The joy that someone actually likes being your friend. In this real world of fickle friends, it’s nice to know someone right across the globe calls you a friend!!!


Keshi sent across two great gifts, which I am going to treasure for a real long time. And the best Part is that I get to share this gift and spread cheer too. Talk of having the cake and eating it too!!



So , here I display the awards I got from Keshi, (I know this acknowledgement is 2 weeks late !! )



Its the Blogging Friends Forever Award . And I pass this on to Mathew, Neena, Nikhil, Macadamia the nut, Thomas, G-man, Mayz , Keshi ( how can I forget you), Solitaire .


And the Brilliant Weblog award was also given to me by Keshi. It felt like a Pulitzer (I almost had an acceptance speech made up).Iwonderif I even really deserve this. I pass this on to some of the most brilliant bloggers around.

Neena, Silverine ( both her fantastic blogs), Karthik, Solitaire, Durba, Nikhil, Keshi , Mathew, Mayz , full2faltu.
This is all I ahve to say to you Keshi girl
"Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim. ~William Feather"

19 comments:

Lucifer September 10, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

oh thnku thnku...main kahan se shuru karoon ab...so many ppl to thank...hehe

thnx a lot :) muah

silverine September 10, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

First of all congratulations on the awards! Richly deserved too I must say. I may not comment due to lack of time, but I do drop in here from time to time! :) And humble thanks for the acknowledgments too! :)

And now for my speech, I would like to thank God without home this would not have been possible *sniff*...and my family, dogs, neighbors and their dogs, their neighbors and their dogs, my entire crew of one writer who labors unpaid with two blogs *sob* and her lazy editor who was never once caught on the job and *bawl* I am sorry I cannot continue....this is too emotional a moment for me. I have waited so many years and finally...THANK YOU GOD!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!*muuuuaaah*

:p

mathew September 10, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

gracias gracias!!:-D
and a big congrats to you..well deserved..

ah.now that i can go shopping for my new porsche with that card..are there spending limits!!;-P

My acceptance speech..

I dont want to be funny about this award like silverine has just done..How could she possibly think it was funny!!..I am very serious about it, as it takes me back to my old struggling days when I browsed under street lights...youtubed at 5 kbps speeds...and read blogs jumping firewalls..*hot presenter comes over and puts her hand on my shoulder*...

ayyo...pinee *loses rest of the script in excitment*

*************************

C'mon guys its not every day you get an award!!! hurrah....hoooohhooh.. :-D
Thanks Deepti..and wishing you a great Onam!!

thomas September 10, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

That's indeed an honour. Thanks pal!!

P.S. Isn't the award supposed to have some cash compliments too? No, I don't accept cheques. Only solllid cash!

Nikhil Narayanan September 11, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Mindscape,
A big thank you.
Accepting this award means that I will have to write/write more/write quality stuff.
It puts me under a lot of pressure.If this is the pressure I go through, what about a Sachin :D
Can't even imagine.

Thank you again.

*clap clap clap*

PS: Did I not congratulate you? Oh! Ya, congrats! :)

Keshi September 11, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

awww congrattz on all ur awards! U deserve em richly.


**Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim. ~William Feather"


lovely THANK YOU note there to ur strength and abilities :)


*HUGZ* keep up the good work Deepti!

Keshi.

Keshi September 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

And TY for passing em to me too awwwwwwww....:)

And Im glad that u were flooded with happiness yeyyyyyyyyyy!

Keshi.

Nikhil Narayanan September 11, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

I meant Mindspace
Would I become dyslexic at this age?

Solitaire September 12, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

OMG!! Thank you so much!

And congrats!!

P.S: Its my city's turn to be flooded.

Karthik September 12, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Thanx a lot girl and congrats to you !!!!

I guess it is a privilege to be put on the same list along with Silverine, Mathew and others :-)

silverine September 13, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

Mathew: "when I browsed under street lights...youtubed at 5 kbps speeds...and read blogs jumping firewall" LOL!!

Nikhil: Its called juvenile Alzheimers! :|

Hope you had a nice Onam Deepti. I had the best Onasadhya ever!! *burp*

Deepti September 14, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

@Mayz:Welcome buddy :)

@Silverine: Happy onam to you too gal!! The Sadhya went on for 2 days .. now the food is even coming out of them ears :(

@Mathew: LOL to the acceptance speech :D

@Tom: you didnt get your cheque yet?? I am sure i sent it at the address u gave me :)


@Nikhil:Good you got the name right .. else I was thinking of banning you :D. And Silverine has provided the diagnosis to ur ills :)

@Keshi: Thanks babes :)n hugs

@Solitaire: Hope the flood thing is better now.

@Karthik: You deserve it :)

Neena Padayatty September 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

Just back from a smashing Onam celebs and this is just the sweetest palada pradhaman!Thanks a million,buddy!:-)

Really honoured to be mentioned alongside bloggers i admire...still don't believe i deserve it.

Three cheers to Blogging Friends Forever!

and brilliant quote,that one...

@silverine & mathew
LOL!!:D

Anonymous September 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

Silverine: Enikk itt thanne panitho, sob sob! :D
Praayam aayi koche ;)
Mindspace:Had you done that, ninne njan police ine kondu pidipikkum, Angalamy le PM, ente Achan aanennu ariyille, huh!

Keshi September 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

HUGS! :)

Keshi.

Enduring the Babbles of Life September 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

congratulations gal...u rule ;)...and my infinite gratitude for your acknowledgement and regular support :D

I really do not know if i deserve this. But I would like to thank my Athlon Processor for putting up with my hours of non-creative blank stares at the monitor while i struggle hard to churn out something remotely creative ;). also i wud like to thank the dogs that i am going to adopt in the next couple of years :D

u take care babes...hope the roads are better now (lmao) ;) did u watch rock on? the idea that u can resurrect urself post-30 is quite appealing to me ;)

Deepti September 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

@Neena: welcome :)
Hope you had a great Onam!!

@Durba: You know you deserve this and a lot more :). Rock on was rocking , especially Farhan!! It does give hope to us techie types, there is a life beyong the keyboard and monitor, waiting to be explored :).

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Dogbert says: Haven't you heard that work is worship? What more approriate thing to do on Ganesh Chaturthi day? (evil laughter)

Deepti September 23, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

@Shantanu: Yes Boss as you say !! :)