My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Great Words

>> Sunday, August 24, 2008

I have been tagged by two very special people from Blogville…

Thomas, the face which rules “Indians most wanted (character assassin)” charts in the blog world. His skills are known far and wide. No one dares to cross his path, for then the consequences are dangerous. I hope this description doesn’t make me one of his victims too …

And then by Neena. Her lucid writings never fail to touch a chord. She takes you down memory lane each time she pens a few lines.




Tag Rules

Jot down 5 of your favorite quotes from the various books you’ve read. If you don’t have the books with you now, googling (Wikiquotes and the like) can be used to find them. Tag five people and acknowledge the person who tagged you. ( okay I just copied the rules verbatim Thomas !!)



1) "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." --Robert Frost

My all time favorite quote. It describes the person I am and strive to be …


2) Winning is most important. Everything is consequence of that -- Ayrton Senna

I love Formula 1. The speed is exhilarating and so are the races … the man I admire the most is Ayrton Senna. He lived in the fast lane in the literal sense!!
He always said God is my co-driver and I believe that’s true for each of us.


3) I'd rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I’m not. Wanting to be someone else is waste of who you are ... Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain isn’t a role model, but somewhere these words ring so true.

4) "A true friend is someone who knows there's something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face."

Don’t know where I read this quote, but had it written down. So true about friends, they know when things are genuine and when the smile is plastic and your broken inside.




5) “People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”--Calvin

I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations. – Calvin

Calvin and Hobbes, my stress buster. When the going gets tough, nothing motivates more than a simple comic strip.

I end this tag with a quote from a book, “A Thousand Splendid Suns”, one of the few books which made me value each gift I have. The value of the freedom I enjoy so unabashedly.
. . . she was leaving the world as a woman who had loved and been loved back. She was leaving it as a friend, a companion, a guardian. A mother. A person of consequence at last. (Hope I can leave the world just like that)

I tag Keshi , Mayz , Solitaire , Macadamia the nut, Karthik.

22 comments:

Keshi August 25, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

nice one Deepti :)


**3) I'd rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I’m not. Wanting to be someone else is waste of who you are ... Kurt Cobain



that btw is one of my FAV quotes too. Kurt is my first love too :)


U tagged me hehe...will take this up soon. tnxx hun!


Keshi.

Neena Padayatty August 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

When God's the co-driver,victory isn't necessarily coming first,it's more of enjoying the ride.(just my thought).:-)
"Great Words" here,indeed...and thank you for those nice words!

mathew August 25, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations. – Calvin

:-)

I love this quote..

Solitaire August 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Haay la! Hard tag!

I love the one by Frost. I think its about my life!!

thomas August 25, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Frost is my fav poet, this one and the "miles to go befoe i sleep" one is too good. And I've heard the 3rd quote somewhere, but din know it was Kurt Cobain's. You know what Cobain's suicide letter said - "It's better to burn out than to fade away". And, thanks for doing the tag!

Lucifer August 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

yeh toh bahut mushkil tag hai :((

Karthik August 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

I think most of the people who do this tag will have a quote by Frost :-)

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

@Kesh: That Kurt cobain quote is just too good :) and Thansk for doing the tag .. hugzzz :)

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

@Neena: Welcome dear.. you deserve it :).

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

@Mathew: Calvin rocks :) and I loved the quote you ahd put up too :)

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

@Solitaire : Araam se kar lo tag .. :)

Frost has the most awesome thoughts really ...

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

@Tom: cobain did have some profound thoughts though he was all screwed up in the head :)

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

@Mayz: Do it when you have lotsa time .. looking forward to see you do it :)

Deepti August 29, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

@Karthik : Frost is a great thinker no doubt at all :)

Salil August 30, 2008 at 6:39 AM  

Hi,
Nice collection.
Calvin is my favourite too.
"What state do you live in?"
"Denial." - Calvin
Keep writing those book reports like Calvin.
Cheers,
Salil

Keshi September 1, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

I miss him..

keshi.

Keshi September 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

btw come n collect ur award in my blog :)

Keshi.

Bla September 2, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Cobain FTW!

Wannabe Deep Shitter September 3, 2008 at 2:06 AM  

"The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference."

loved ur blog.. nice posts.. will frequent here.. already book marked..

btw.. i am a die hard calvin fan myself.. so much as i name myself calvin even in my blogger profile.

Deepti September 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

@salil: Calvin is too good .. loved the "Denial " quote too :)

Deepti September 3, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

@Keshi: Muah ... will put up the award thingy soon here hugs :)

Deepti September 3, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

@Calvin: Thanks for all the kind words and welcome to my blog :)