My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Weird weirder weirdest!!!!

>> Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First my apologies to my blog pals, I confess I have been highly irregular with my posts.
Was flooded with work , it was and is still raining deadlines .... There seems to be no respite on that front. And to top it all, been nursing a swollen ankle due to a real freaky accident.(now that's so like me!!!)
I had been tagged twice so many moons back by my blog sistah
Macadamia. If I didn't do this tag now ( rather tags), I am sure she would even stop dropping by ....
Here we go....
The 1st tag was to give 5 time pass info about me which( I've never revealed on this blog!!!)

  • I talk very fast and talk a lot ( one of my friend even comments that me and silence are like chalk and cheese :( Sometimes my speech touches the speed of a Bullet train between Tokyo and Osaka, only when i see the blank expressions on the listener's face that I try to slow down :)
  • I can't watch horror movies... I try my best to pretend its all fake but the screen ghosts keep haunting me. ( wonder how I look into the mirror daily though :D)
  • Even if I try and keep my feelings to myself, my face betrays it all ... :( ( working on this one .. betrays me at the worst possible junctures in life you see)
  • I forgive but can't forget... cant help it but that's the way I am!!!
  • I suffer from partial amnesia... tend to forget names and directions easily and many other things too ( err now don't know if that's the sign of ageing !!)

Now lets get down to real business.. real quirky business.... (Macadamia asked me to list down 6 quirks too :) )

  • I love cars and enjoy ogling at them on the road... ( its only when the not so handsome drivers ogle back that I realize how much I was staring)
  • I read almost anything I can lay my hands on , which includes the newspaper used to wrap grocery, shampoo contents etc etc ...
  • As a kid, I used to love watching ants go about their business and even imagine what they must be sharing each time the ants passed one another ... (I would still do it, if only there were no time constraints)
  • I love to day dream .. I really think I would have given good competition to Mungerilal ( I am sure you remember him from Mungerilal ke Haseen Sapne on DD1)
  • I get put off by people with egos, of the size of Mount Everest, ... sorry I am not Edmund Hillary .. I cannot climb that mountain to please you :)
  • I really don't mind too much if people hurt me physically ( ok so that doesn't give you license to punch me) but I am distraught when people are rude. It tears me apart and takes me ages to get over rude people , always think its my fault they were rude!! :(

I am not tagging anyone .. most people I know have already done this .. Do feel free to pick it up if you like it :)

Om Tag -aaaya Namah

16 comments:

Karthik June 5, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

Good one :)

wonder how I look into the mirror daily though

Ghosts don't have a mirror image. Or is that not applicable when ghosts look at the mirror? hehe..just kidding..

Neena Padayatty June 5, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

"... love watching ants go about their business and even imagine what they must be sharing each time the ants passed one another.."

Well spotted!...With the rains here,all i do is trace their tracks with "Laxman rekha"(cockroach repellent that works on ants too)coz they are all over the place!

Deepti June 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

@Karthik: Ghosts dont let out secrets!! :P

@Neena: Laxman rekha for ants too!! :)

Macadamia The Nut June 5, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Lol!! I so identify with talking fast. Guilty of the same ;)
OMG! In fact I can identify with EVERY thing except the horror movies bit... 'coz I LOVE watching them in spite of being sh*t scared later :D


@ogling cars - Lol! You must've made the unwary drivers' day ;)


P.S. How is the hapless ankle now girlfriend? ;)

Deepti June 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

@Mac:The ankle is just ok .. strain it and it flares up :0) ...
I had such a freak accident .. I fell down the stairs at the cinema :) .. Thankfully it was dark heheheeh :)I actually looked around to see if any one saw me tumble like jack n jill .. (grrr no jack only jill)

mathew June 6, 2008 at 1:58 AM  

'As a kid, I used to love watching ants go about their business and even imagine what they must be sharing each time the ants passed one another '

you just remind me of one of my childhood time kills...i used to try to make alternative paths for them my messing up their traffic and creating jams!!;-D

Lucifer June 6, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

wats wid every1 forgivin but not forgettin??? read dat on so many blogs...
personally i prefer to kick ass n keep remidin d other person hw strong is my kick so dat dey dnt repeat :P

Sachin Sawant June 7, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

Mount Everest - Edmund Hillary........ was cool stuff...... this is the first blog i read today........ feeling good.........

Cheers !!!

Deepti June 7, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

@Mathew: I used to do that too :)

@Mayz:Personally I kick ass too ...but sometimes somethings just remain :)

@Sachin: Thanks Buddy!! Your comment made my day too!!

Unknown June 9, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

I loved watching ants! Used to dream about the huge castle they built underground... Nowadays, don't see them around the house though.

g-man June 10, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

when i do talk, mostly i do it very fast :)

aw, horror movies are fun. even more so when you have popcorn :D

i can't forget either

quirks:

i love to daydream too...hours and hours at a time

who the phuck is mungerilal?

i peed on an ant today. accidentally tho, was at risk of bladder explosion :|

nice tag!

Deepti June 11, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

@Rockus: thanks for dropping by .. ants seem to be an alltime favorite :)

@G-man:Thanks dude .. and peeing on an ant can get u a fine from APC ( Ant Penal Code)

Satish Bolla June 12, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

i heard multi-tasking but wht's this? multi-tagging!!!!!

anyways, i want to sign off ur blog as soon as i read that dreaded part... ok, nor prizes for guessing which part. it's the horror movies one. i love watching them after 10PM in my dolby digital 5.1 channel home theater. okie, am not blabbering abt me n my gadgets. but i just wanted to show how much i love horror movies at their full blast.

our first quirk was almost the same. but with the exception of words. i ogle at girls instead of cars but i love them to ogle at me back(unlike wht u wrote)

the second quirk was like v r twins. nice one

Anonymous July 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Nice blog. You write well :-)
And dont worry about the partial amnesia part - I lose my way all the time, but then thats cause I can never understand them in the first place. :D

Deepti July 6, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

@Satish: Glad to know you agree on most of the things... horror and me are poles apart though .. So no F1 blogs from you these days?

@Ms Cris: Hey thanks a lot for dropping by :)and Hi-fi for the direction thing :D

Nishanth August 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

great one sis....well written....i kinda knew most of the things, but your stint with ant watching was a revelation to me.....