My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Eight wonders of the world ...

>> Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have been tagged by Thomas of NASA fame :) ... Have been buried in work and with deadlines whizzing past my head, missed his deadline too( the 8 hours one)... And boy , his blogs take me back to my engineering days of mini projects and vivas and all the jazz ( not marks) which accompanied it
Rules
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4. If you fail to do this within eight hours, nothing will happen to you and you will die of boredom

So let me rack my brains..( not much to rack though) ....

  1. I get very scared of canines ( cant call them dogs ... I already have the Blue Cross on my back for my lack of Comapssion). One particular childhood memory which left me scarred for life :( ... but I am trying to work on my phobia...
  2. I can't swim to save my life.. in case of emergencies I might as well depend on the cute life guards ;)
  3. I love the fact that I belong to real big family with truckloads of cousins... the joy they have brought into my life is irreplacable :)
  4. What's in a name said Shakespeare, I take the Bard seriously and forget names and this habit has got me into real foot refusing to come out of the mouth situations..
  5. I hate the color pink... absolutely ... ( not a feminist notion folks.. you would hate it too, if you had Pink salwar kameez as uniform for 4 years , four days a week in engineering college)
  6. I dont like chocolate, the only sweet I like is Gulab jamun, which I can devour like no tomorrow ... ( hope the gym guy doesnt read my blogs .. else the crunches will be doubled tomorrow :( )
  7. I am a Big Sachin Tendulkar fan ... and I take this chance to wish him "Happy birthday"!!!!!
  8. I tend to give up very easily .. on people ,on things I like, on relationships .... thats one area I really need to work on :)

I pass this on to Alameen .

29 comments:

mathew April 24, 2008 at 2:19 PM  

YOu are the second person am reading today who doesnt like chocolates..Oh Lindt baba..Oh Ferrero Rocher baba..forgive them for they dont know what they said just now!!;-P

Annemarie April 24, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
silverine April 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

"If you fail to do this within eight hours, nothing will happen to you and you will die of boredom"

I made that up! :p

Good one!

p.s was logged in my pals comp. She hadn't logged out , so had to reput comment!

Deepti April 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

@mathew: Mathai , the messiah of all Mithai .. I bless you with a Sack of Ferrero Rocher!!

@ Silverine: I just copied the rules from your blog .. We are soul sisters !! Gulab jamun feast to you tooo :D

Satish Bolla April 24, 2008 at 5:55 PM  

hey, u n i have the second one from the top n the second one frm the bottom in common. am planning to take up swimmin classes soon.
but wait a minute. did u say that u don't like chocolates. n am reading this post while eating a big fruit n nut bar. hmm, now i don't like u

Macadamia The Nut April 24, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Omg! How can you not like chocolate?
*falls down in a faint*
;)

I can empathize with the canine phobia.. *shudder* Ditto for me! Here, pets are pampered more than children. So, to say "I am not a dog lover" is sacrilege :D.. But I continue the blasphemy.

thomas April 24, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

I can imagine the worst situation you can be in: Getting chased by a dog and then cornered by it beside a river and finally you jumping into it, when you see a familiar man in pink shirt by the shore, but unfortunately forgot his name. Hehe. But the good news is that you can still shout for help.

P.S. You have Cynophobia
P.P.S. You are the only girl I've heard of who doesn't like chocolate.

thomas April 25, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Update: You and silverine are the only girls; to modify the previous statement!!

Deepti April 25, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

@ Satish : See me not liking chocolates should be good for you right? You have one person less who eyes your share :)

@Macadamia the nut : Hifi buddy... and I'll send across all the chocolates I get to you !!!

@Thomas: Cynophobia.. the name itself is scary alle ... And whatay a scenario u have created for me ..and I always thought we were buddies :P...I think you really need the donation fund :)( as suggested by silverine ...

Karthik April 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Nice Tag :)

And you dont like chocolates??

Cinderella April 25, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

I have been in love with Sachin ever since I lay my eyes on him....ages back....

And I still go all mush when I see him...ah, bliss !

I'm very scared of dogs too. Though I had one as a pet as a child.

Deepti April 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

@Karthik : Thanks mate :)

@Cinderella: so glad to meet someone who agrees about sachin :)

Lucifer April 25, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

u a girl right??? hate pink n chocolates...
btw pink uniform????? was this a college started by d spice girls or smthn??? :P

Nefariousoutlook April 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM  

Canine phobia ...welcome to the club!!!

Solitaire April 26, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

You do not like chocolates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????

Deepti April 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

@Mayz: Hating pink, has its reasons... I do eat chocolates but I am not very fond of them ... :)

@nefariousoutlook : I knew I would find many of my kind :)

@ Solitaire : Not very fond of chocolates... I'll give you my share :D

g-man April 26, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

awritey...here we go :D

i get very scared of girls (no questions!)

i can't swim to save my life either...unfortunately, there aren't any hot female lifeguards anywhere around here, just fat guys with moustaches

it took me a month to remember the name of a guy i went to class with, every single day

i only like the colour pink in my bedsheet :)

n i luuuuuuuv chocolate. ferrero rocher, definitely! but i'm more into dark chocolate. mMmMmMmMmMmMm!

nice post :)

Deepti April 27, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

@ g-man : thanks Vice president!! ;)

g-man April 27, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

you're welcome prez ;) hav blogrolled ya!

Satish Bolla April 28, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

@preethi
thanx buddy 4 confirming dat u'll never eye my chocolate. time to have a toast with a chocolate... ;)

Nirmal April 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

hey my sis is afraid of dogs and lizards.....lolsss
u dont like chocolates tats great....r u single???lolssss

Deepti April 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

@G-man : Thanks
@Satish: You got my name wrong.. its Deepti not Preeti :P So i am not even giving u a chocolate :D

@Nirmal : virtual flirting? :P

Satish Bolla April 29, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

@deepthi
oops, dat was some mistake. plz don't grab my choc... :(

Nirmal April 29, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

u know wat even i mistaked ur name as preeti...
he he jinxed i guess...
virtual flirting???lolss new term..

Deepti April 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

@Nirmal: is it so difficult to call me Depti? :P

Neena Padayatty May 1, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

Always tried to learn swimming while spending hols at my native place with coconuts for floaters..unfortunately gave up too soon.count me in when u take swimmimg lessons...good tag!

Deepti May 7, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

@Neena: Hey me too .. all those coconut floats just got wasted .. I am still a non swimmer :)

Anonymous May 25, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

No pink! Hmm... and who has uniforms in Engineering College? :)

Deepti May 27, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

@Shantanu: Most colleges in Pune have uniform for 2 days a week.. my college just went 2 steps ahead and made it four days and Pink :(
thanks for dropping by