My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://deepmindspace.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Of rabbit holes and fairy tales!!

>> Wednesday, June 10, 2009

She wandered along hoping to find some peaceful place to rest her tired feet. Suddenly she found herself falling into something that seemed like a rabbit hole, and in no time she found herself in a world so different from hers.

She looked in awe at the leafless trees, barren trees and snow capped mountains. A gust of cold wind almost knocked her over. She looked around for place to shelter herself till the wind ceased. Far ahead in the distance she saw an old dilapidated mansion. She treaded towards it as quickly as her tired legs could carry her.

Just as she reached the gates, the door of the mansion was thrown open and she was greeted by a group of ferocious looking men and women clothed in black from head to toe. Their eyes seemed to be gleaming with a wicked intent. Their laughter gave her goose bumps.
She wished she could convince them she had trespassed into their world by chance and meant no harm. She opened her mouth to speak but no sound came, her voice had locked itself in fear… Her eyes had begun to fill up …. What kind of a soup had she got herself into…

Suddenly she heard a booming voice ask … “ So Deepti , what are your views about the Functional Specification document!!” And all of a sudden the mansion transformed into a blur of ice cold conference rooms, black laptops … the locked voice into a yawn and the blur was due to sleepy watering eyes…
So now I don’t even need to explain to the few people who read me where I had disappeared ;)

As John Lennon Says… You may say I'm a dreamer....But I'm not the only one!! :)

18 comments:

Amal Bose June 10, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

good to see you back...
i thought it would be a fiction till the last min.. nicely written

Lucifer June 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

hahahahaha!!!

missed u so much...f*** d ppl in d conf room!!

mathew June 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

you are not the only one!!;-D

Anonymous June 10, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

I enjoyed reading that! I have escaped my my mind into the dream world many times as I sat there in the middle of a meeting...

It is such a harm to my mind to be put back into the real world!!!

Nice Blog!

Ne

thomas June 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM  

And I too fell into a rabbit hole, never to come back......even with red ruby slippers!!; but then all of a sudden I saw that ferocious looking woman clothed in black from head to toe; only to realize I'm not alone; and that the woman is a familiar face, the one I saw at mind-space.

And I fear whether she'll ask me to get out of mind-space not to step foot on it never again and stop annoying her.

Keshi June 11, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

LOL good one Deepz!

u can add me into that Dreamers list!


Keshi.

Swati Gavde June 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

meeting rooms are places for dreams:) good one

Sachin Sawant June 11, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Good one..... :)

Nikhil Narayanan June 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

DM,
Thanks for the documentary evidence provided.
Funny read.

-N

abhi_digital June 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Wonderful Post.. Till last i kept guessing wht the resemblance would be... Hatss off!!

Deepti June 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

@Amal: Thanks ya .. was on a hiatus ... not inspired enough to write ...:)

@Mayz: Thanks buddy ... its people like you who make me always want to be in blogville whenever i plan to quit!!


@Mathew: Hifive!!


@Ne:Thanks a lot ... I know I have loads of fellow dreamers .. hate it when ppl gimme a reality check :)


@Thomman:I was so glad seeing u there .. You think I willthrow out my wittiest reader from mind space .. man you add the spice to mindspace .. you are always welcome to talk crap here :D

Deepti June 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

@Swats: thansk a lot .. I know i forced you to post a comment here :P

@Sachin: Thanks buddy

@Nikhil:Documentary evidence indeed!!

@Abhi: Thanks a lot!! Glad u enjoyed it :)

LaughingCobra June 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Darling Deept.. well life does not provide a ramp up time for waking up from dreams. as all dreams go you could either sleep like as nothing happened or be woken up with a jolt and wish that you had not dreamt

Shantanu June 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Heh! Day-dreaming as always, huh? Speaking of rabbit holes, you should check out this movie called Coraline. A very different kind of animation movie.

Deepti June 17, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

@Laughing Cobra: Since we had a long dran discussion on this .. couldnt agree more!!


@Shantanu:Day dreaming in the permitted time ;) Will definitely watch the movie

Pooja Deshmukh June 17, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Too Much!!!!!!!!!

Now next item on yr list must be to send this link to DL-**-****

u know it :)

Rohit Nair June 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

It's gr8 to c u bck doin the thing u relish the most...DREAMING!!!!

Satish Bolla June 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

hahahaha, at least the persons in the dream might have cared to listen to ur explanation. i'm sure the guys in the conference room won't care any excuses